Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Arriving in London

The 8 hour plane ride seemed to go by pretty quickly. But during those hours I managed to completely straddle the man next to me (the woman who I believe was his fiance didn't look very happy) in an attempt to get to "the lou", as well as freak this couple out further by crying during the in-flight movie. If this was their honeymoon, I certainly started it off on an awkward foot. Not to mention I had a window seat overlooking the wing...


There was no colonial woman. 


After a bit of shock and adjustment, I was able to start enjoying living in London and enjoying this beautiful city. 

The Study Centre



The Flat

The City - or at least the parts of it we've managed to see in our first 48 hours here. 

         


 


The First Burberry Store! It's closed now. They're too successful so they moved to a more 'posh', shopping-centered part of the city. 



Trafalgar Square



The National Gallery... and our awesome tour guide telling us facts about it.



Covent Garden (Not a garden at all, but in fact a very busy square/building filled with people, restaurants, and shops.. and a girl in a red skirt singing opera loudly in the corner). 



Drury Lane... there's no muffin man. Not even a bakery or shop that sells muffins. Depressing. 



And Big Ben and the London Eye! From a great distance. Trips to actually go see them will be happening soon, I assume.




Victoria Tower Garden along the River Thames



and my first gelato experience!


Thanks for creeping! :)


2 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Your pictures and new life as a Britt are so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great post! I've read it a few times haha... Liking the filters too!!

    ReplyDelete